Adept Tampa Local Government Attorneys Providing Personal Service
The experience you need for effective representation
Your legal matter requires trusted advisement to ensure your success. Each case taken by Richard A. Harrison, P.A. is backed by 25 years of experience with local government and complex case litigation. Its reputable attorneys have handled cases for numerous government agencies.
The firm’s attorneys have lectured on local government law at notable educational institutions, participated in local government boards and earned international experience in civil litigation. Mr. Harrison is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® and listed in Super Lawyers and Florida’s Legal Elite, all of which speak to his reputation among fellow attorneys and clients. Each member of the firm brings extensive insight into local government law and complex litigation to your case. Richard A. Harrison, P.A. offers an accommodating, client-focused approach to legal service, along with the fastidious research and litigation skills to drive your case toward the most favorable resolution.
Learn more about the firm’s attorneys and staff:
Let trusted Tampa local government attorneys handle your case
Richard A. Harrison, P.A. has the experience and skills required to get the best results for your case. Contact its talented lawyers at 813-302-7434 or online. The firm has flexible office hours and is centrally located in downtown Tampa close to the courthouses.
Richard A. Harrison, P.A. serves clients in the Tampa Bay area and throughout Florida.
Mr. Harrison is an adept local government law attorney with more than 25 years of experience. He has conducted seminars on local government law, participated in governmental advisory bodies and won numerous cases for governmental agencies in his extensive legal career. Mr. Harrison’s responsive, professional approach to representation has earned him a solid reputation in the Tampa Bay legal community.
- Florida, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
- Board Certified City, County and Local Government Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers
- Listed in Florida’s Legal Elite
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 1986
- B.A., English, Stetson University, 1983
- Member of the Executive Committee, Board of Overseers, Stetson University College of Law, 2003-present
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Member of the Sections on Litigation and State and Local Government
- Stetson Lawyers Association, Vice President, 1998-1999; President-Elect, 1999-2000; President, 2000-2001
- The Florida Bar, Member: State and Local Government Law Section; Florida Bar News/Journal Editorial Board, 1989-1998; Eminent Domain Committee, 1996
- Articles and Symposia Editor, Stetson Law Review, 1985-1986
- Coton v. Televised Visual X-Ography, Inc., 740 F.Supp.2d 1299 (M.D. Fla. 2010);
- Southeastern Integrated Medical, P.L. v. North Florida Women's Physicians, P.A., 50 So.3d 21 (Fla. 1 DCA 2010);
- Harman v. State, So.3d, 12 So.3d 898 (Fla. 2 DCA 2009);
- Access for America, Inc. v. Associated Out-Door Clubs, Inc., 188 Fed. Appx. 818 (11th Cir. 2006);
- Weekly Planet Inc. v. Hillsborough County Aviation Authority, 829 So.2d 970 (Fla. 2 DCA 2002);
- Toledo v. Hillsborough County Hospital Authority, 841 So.2d 482 (Fla. 2 DCA 2003);
- Memorial Hospital-West Volusia Inc. v. News Journal Corp., 729 So.2d 373 (Fla. 1999);
- Halifax Hospital Medical Center v. News-Journal Corp., 724 So.2d 567 (Fla. 1999);
- Toledo v. Hillsborough County Hospital Authority, 747 So.2d 958 (Fla. 2 DCA 1999);
- Jews for Jesus, Inc. v. Hillsborough County Aviation Authority, 162 F.3d 627 (11th Cir. 1998);
- Canaveral Port Authority v. Dept. of Revenue, 690 So. 2d 1226 (Fla. 1997);
- Halifax Hospital Medical Center v. News-Journal Corp., 701 So.2d 434 (Fla. 5th DCA 1997);
- Baker v. Alderman, 766 F. Supp. 1112 (M.D. Fla. 1991).
- "Offers of Judgment in Eminent Domain Cases: F.S. 768.79 Supersedes 73.032 and May Reduce Acquisition Costs," 67 Fla. B.J. 23 (January 1993)
- Panel Speaker: “Exposing Private Companies and Settlements and Other Hot Issues of the Sunshine Law and Public Records Act, The Florida Bar 24th Annual Media Law Conference,” (March 21, 1998);
- “Sunshine in the Private Sector - Open Government Law Applicability to Private Corporations,” The Florida Bar 2000 Media Law Conference (June 24, 2000);
- “Bid Disputes: How to Avoid Them and What to Do When You Get Them,” Florida Association of Public Purchasing Officers, (FAPPO) 34th Annual Conference (April 12, 2001);
- “When Are Private Entities Subject to Florida's Public Records Law?” Government In the Sunshine; Florida's Public Records and Open Meetings Laws (Lorman, September 29, 2004);
- “When Are Private Entities Subject to Florida's Public Records Laws?” What You Need to Know About Public Records and Open Meetings (Lorman, April 11, 2007).
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Member, Hillsborough County Natural Resources and Landscaping Appeals Board, 2003-2006
- Member, Hillsborough County Land Use Appeals Board, 2006-present
- Member, Hillsborough County Metropolitan Planning Organization Citizens Advisory Committee, 2011-present
Lisa Ferrara, Florida Registered Paralegal
Ms. Ferrara is an experienced and highly talented litigation paralegal who adds immeasurably to the success of the firm and its attorneys. She is active in a number of professional organizations, including the Tampa Bay Paralegal Association.
- A.S., Legal Assistant, Santa Fe Community College, 2001