Adept Tampa Local Government Attorneys Providing Personal Service
The experience you need for effective representation
Your legal matter requires trusted advisement to ensure your success. Each case taken by Richard A. Harrison, P.A. is backed by 25 years of experience with local government and complex case litigation. Its reputable attorneys have handled cases for numerous government agencies.
The firm’s attorneys have lectured on local government law at notable educational institutions, participated in local government boards and earned international experience in civil litigation. Mr. Harrison is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® and listed in Super Lawyers and Florida’s Legal Elite, all of which speak to his reputation among fellow attorneys and clients. Each member of the firm brings extensive insight into local government law and complex litigation to your case. Richard A. Harrison, P.A. offers an accommodating, client-focused approach to legal service, along with the fastidious research and litigation skills to drive your case toward the most favorable resolution.
Learn more about the firm’s attorneys and staff:
Let trusted Tampa local government attorneys handle your case
Richard A. Harrison, P.A. has the experience and skills required to get the best results for your case. Contact its talented lawyers at 813-302-7434 or online. The firm has flexible office hours and is centrally located in downtown Tampa close to the courthouses.
Richard A. Harrison, P.A. serves clients in the Tampa Bay area and throughout Florida.
Mr. Harrison is an adept local government law attorney with more than 25 years of experience. He has conducted seminars on local government law, participated in governmental advisory bodies and won numerous cases for governmental agencies in his extensive legal career. Mr. Harrison’s responsive, professional approach to representation has earned him a solid reputation in the Tampa Bay legal community.
- Florida, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
- Board Certified City, County and Local Government Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers
- Listed in Florida’s Legal Elite
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 1986
- B.A., English, Stetson University, 1983
- Member of the Executive Committee, Board of Overseers, Stetson University College of Law, 2003-present
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Member of the Sections on Litigation and State and Local Government
- Stetson Lawyers Association, Vice President, 1998-1999; President-Elect, 1999-2000; President, 2000-2001
- The Florida Bar, Member: State and Local Government Law Section; Florida Bar News/Journal Editorial Board, 1989-1998; Eminent Domain Committee, 1996
- Articles and Symposia Editor, Stetson Law Review, 1985-1986
- Fine v. Baer, 2017 WL 1437461 (M.D. Fla. Apr. 5, 2017)
- Hillsborough County v. Star Insurance Co., 847 F.3d 1296 (11th Cir. 2017)
- Fine v. Baer, 2016 WL 4472965 (M.D. Fla. Aug. 23, 2016)
- One Hour Air Conditioning Franchising, LLC v. Dallas Unique Indoor Comfort, Ltd., 2015 WL 9684920 (M.D. Fla. Nov. 13, 2015)
- One Hour Air Conditioning Franchising, LLC v. Dallas Unique Indoor Comfort, Ltd., 2015 WL 5316866 (M.D. Fla. Sept. 11, 2015)
- Star Insurance Co. v. Dominguez, 141 So.3d 690 (Fla. 2 DCA 2014)
- Tampa Bay Water v. HDR Engineering, Inc., 731 F.3d 1171 (11th Cir. 2013)
- Access for the Disabled, Inc. v. Associated Outdoor Clubs, Inc., 2013 WL 1880915 (M.D. Fla. May 3, 2013)
- Tampa Bay Water v. HDR Engineering, Inc., 2012 WL 5387830 (M.D. Fla. Nov. 2, 2012)
- State National Insurance Co. v. White, 482 Fed. Appx. 434 (11th Cir. July 12, 2012)
- Tampa Bay Water v. HDR Engineering, Inc., 2012 WL 12952412 (M.D. Fla. Feb. 8, 2012)
- Coton v. Televised Visual X-Ography, Inc., 740 F.Supp.2d 1299 (M.D. Fla. 2010);
- Southeastern Integrated Medical, P.L. v. North Florida Women's Physicians, P.A., 50 So.3d 21 (Fla. 1 DCA 2010);
- Harman v. State, So.3d, 12 So.3d 898 (Fla. 2 DCA 2009);
- Access for America, Inc. v. Associated Out-Door Clubs, Inc., 188 Fed. Appx. 818 (11th Cir. 2006);
- Weekly Planet Inc. v. Hillsborough County Aviation Authority, 829 So.2d 970 (Fla. 2 DCA 2002);
- Toledo v. Hillsborough County Hospital Authority, 841 So.2d 482 (Fla. 2 DCA 2003);
- Memorial Hospital-West Volusia Inc. v. News Journal Corp., 729 So.2d 373 (Fla. 1999);
- Halifax Hospital Medical Center v. News-Journal Corp., 724 So.2d 567 (Fla. 1999);
- Toledo v. Hillsborough County Hospital Authority, 747 So.2d 958 (Fla. 2 DCA 1999);
- Jews for Jesus, Inc. v. Hillsborough County Aviation Authority, 162 F.3d 627 (11th Cir. 1998);
- Canaveral Port Authority v. Dept. of Revenue, 690 So. 2d 1226 (Fla. 1997);
- Halifax Hospital Medical Center v. News-Journal Corp., 701 So.2d 434 (Fla. 5th DCA 1997);
- Baker v. Alderman, 766 F. Supp. 1112 (M.D. Fla. 1991).
- "Offers of Judgment in Eminent Domain Cases: F.S. 768.79 Supersedes 73.032 and May Reduce Acquisition Costs," 67 Fla. B.J. 23 (January 1993)
- Panel Speaker: “Exposing Private Companies and Settlements and Other Hot Issues of the Sunshine Law and Public Records Act, The Florida Bar 24th Annual Media Law Conference,” (March 21, 1998);
- “Sunshine in the Private Sector - Open Government Law Applicability to Private Corporations,” The Florida Bar 2000 Media Law Conference (June 24, 2000);
- “Bid Disputes: How to Avoid Them and What to Do When You Get Them,” Florida Association of Public Purchasing Officers, (FAPPO) 34th Annual Conference (April 12, 2001);
- “When Are Private Entities Subject to Florida's Public Records Law?” Government In the Sunshine; Florida's Public Records and Open Meetings Laws (Lorman, September 29, 2004);
- “When Are Private Entities Subject to Florida's Public Records Laws?” What You Need to Know About Public Records and Open Meetings (Lorman, April 11, 2007).
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Member, Hillsborough County Natural Resources and Landscaping Appeals Board, 2003-2006
- Member, Hillsborough County Land Use Appeals Board, 2006-present
- Member, Hillsborough County Metropolitan Planning Organization Citizens Advisory Committee, 2011-present
Daniela N. Leavitt, Esq. is an experienced trial lawyer with a vast understanding of the nuances of litigation. Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Leavitt graduated summa cum laude from Stetson University with a Bachelor’s degree in International Business. Despite her keen business acumen, Ms. Leavitt stayed true to her passion and chose to enroll in the No. 1 ranked law school for Trial Advocacy. While attending Stetson University College of Law, Ms. Leavitt became a member of the nationally recognized Stetson Law Advocacy Board, and in 2008 she and her teammate placed third in the nation for mediation. Then in 2009, Ms. Leavitt interned at the State Attorney’s Office in Pinellas County as a Certified Legal Intern prior to graduating cum laude with her Juris Doctor.
Ms. Leavitt began her career as an Assistant State Attorney for the Tenth Judicial Circuit of Florida, where she worked until June of 2016. During her time in Polk County, she tried approximately 70 jury trials, argued countless pretrial motions, and handled a myriad of crimes ranging from misdemeanors to the most serious felonies. As Ms. Leavitt proceeded with her career, she recognized the growing role of digital evidence in the practice of law and, wanting to stay ahead of it, she joined the Special Projects Division where she worked closely with experts and law enforcement prosecuting Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC).
Ms. Leavitt is a member of the Florida Bar in good standing as well as a member of the bar of the Middle District of Florida. In her free time, Ms. Leavitt enjoys giving back to the community as a Magistrate for Polk County’s Teen Court Program, and participating in charity runs.
Ms. Ferrara is an experienced and highly talented litigation paralegal who adds immeasurably to the success of the firm and its attorneys. She is active in a number of professional organizations, including the Tampa Bay Paralegal Association.
- A.S., Legal Assistant, Santa Fe Community College, 2001